- Do not eat or drink anything from midnight the night before. You may take important medications with a sip of water.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Do not bring any valuables. Leave watches and jewelry at home.
- Arrive promptly at the time instructed, usually 60-90 minutes prior to your scheduled surgery time.
- For safety reasons, all patients must have an adult to drive them home if they receive anesthesia
- Items to bring with you:
- Photo Identification
- Insurance Card
- Any important documents such as a living will
- List of current medications
- Container for your glasses, contacts, or dentures
- Magazine or book to read
- Pillow or blanket for the ride home
- Once you arrive you will check in at the front desk. You will be provided with a hospital gown and socks to change into.
- Depending on the procedure and type of anesthesia required, you will be in the recovery area around 30 minutes to 2 hours. Your family/friends will be able to join you once you are fully awake.